Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Posted by Author On 8:42 AM

Chapter 3: The conclusion


A year of patience, continuous calls, messages, rejection and heart breaks.. “Ha Ha” I am not talking about a love story, you people and I’m not going to talk such. Don’t worry, just settle down as I try to finish the conclusion of my journey.

Although I was a stranger as I reached Pune and started to mingle with the people the feeling of being stranger started to fade away with the time. As I was done with my police verification and to fetch my Residential permit I went to the Foreign Regional Registration Office in Pune, which was situated in the police commissioner’s office. As I reached there I saw so much punctual people which they should get an award to be on time. Although the office hours starts at ten a.m. and even I was there around 10.15. none of the counters were ready to serve the people who came there for their service. They were simply walking around just having tea and arranging their desks. Talking on mobile and taking selfies. “Seriously?” Then they could have told the working hour starts around 10.30 a.m right? But What to do if they do so however the work will eventually start at 11.a.m so let it be, I was just simply saying these to myself..

As I reached an officer he told that I need a Unique I.D for my registration. As I am unknown about this new term which was called “Unique I.D.” I further inquired him how to obtain one, he told that contact the “International Centre” of your university and they will help you. So I returned back and went to the “International Centre”. When I try to inquire them some of the staffs’ faces were puzzled more than mine and they didn't even know what a Unique I.D. is As I am standing there with confusion, a girl who came there for some documentation work from another country so me suffering and she elaborated about Unique I.D. She explained that it is provided by the respective colleges where you studying not the international centre, furthermore she told that she got her I.D from the college she was studying and she told that she don’t know about the university procedure. After sometime one person from the Centre told me to contact my respective department for the specific necessity.

So I reached my department and tried to find a solution for this confusion from the administrative people. As I’m so close with bad luck, there goes another confusion amongst them, as they also don’t know what Unique I.D really is. I was like “WHAT??” inside my head there was world war 3 going on. To make them understand and to get a clear idea about this problem, finally I contacted my Sri Lankan friend and asked him, he told me to go his department as they already been proving these Unique I.Ds to students so they will guide you to obtain one and also he gave his bonafide Letter which consisted his Unique I.D. for further reference.

 After that I took the Office person from my Department to my friend’s Department. There they explained all the procedures in detail. After that we came back and tried to register me for a Unique I.D but then only we got to know that our department is not yet been registered with the Foreigner registration system to provide a Unique I.D. What to say about my bad luck? Everywhere is a obstacle freshly being prepared for me I thought, But my department people were so curious to solve this problem so they tried their best. The office person himself made an application and sent that to the police station to activate the registration system, the registration process took long and the system got activated by next Monday. So I had to wait for a whole week. Finally I got the Unique I.D and finished off with all my regulations.

During this period I started to get along with people in my class, started to talk with them share my views and get to know about theirs as well. Good people, good talks, as I started to talk with them, the distance we had started to get reduced, Tasting the typical local food, getting to know about the cultures made me to think more and made me to know more as well. Eventually the days became awesome. I started to make nick names for almost everyone in the class and greeted all with the best smile that I could give. These made me one step closer to them. As my good luck being lifted up the Fresher’s Day came by, this made me to get along with the seniors as well as my classmates.

Fresher’s Day was truly an awesome day in Pune I may say. As the day started off with a lecture but along the day it turned out to be a very good one. I didn't mean that the lecture was not good. Its good only but we were not ready to learn and it would have been awesome if we were ready to learn that’s all I tried to say, hopefully that day all were in a mood to enjoy, That’s it.

Games, laughs, ramp walk, Dances, music, Songs and finally I got crowned as Mr. Fresher as well. (See I noted that I got Mr. Fresher, OK? – Actually my Friends told me to note it.) Strangers became classmates and classmates became friends. Later on the days turned out to be good, from 9-6 however we would be hanging around in the laboratory that made me to know all.

Language is kinda barrier to me, I try my maximum to overcome that, whenever people around me talking in Marathi, it feels little awkward only not because it’s wrong, just because I couldn't be able to understand it. I try to ask them, sometimes they tell but sometimes they just laugh and tells nothing. I know it can be nothing but that laughs makes me feel uneasy. Some really takes their time and explains everything but I cannot expect that to happen always right?, Some words I can understand with the flow but sometimes it feels like I’m inside a dark jungle with my eyes tied up as well. Ya, I know it’s a problem that they also can’t do anything about it. People who belongs to a nativity will speak the local language only, it just happens and they don’t do it deliberately.
Sometimes I feel like I’m the odd man out, that time I try myself to get along, ignore what they speaking in their local language and will quietly stand there with a smile. It’s easy to walk away and stay alone. But walking away will take me totally away and that I really don’t want to happen. People are so good, each and everyone has their own quality of uniqueness with them, that’s what makes them who they really are. It’s fascinating to see each and everyone how they talk get along and share things. Sometimes things are surprising and sometimes things are usual as I expected.

As for my conclusion...

An awesome class filled with awesome people no words to explain about them simply I call them my family as they accepted me with so much love and they accepted me in the way I am. Lovely University the atmosphere, the monsoon weather, the evening drizzles, the roads, buzzing vehicles, and rides in my bicycle makes my life something interesting. And the book of life happily started to add pages about Pune with so good memories. More to tell and more to share, but let it be personal to make it more valuable...

“Life is simply something what we learn, by what we get from it”


~Kohulan.R

0 comments:

Post a Comment